Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bon Voyage!




Well my bags are packed and I'm ready to go!

I'm headed to Tuscany for 10 days! I'm setting out to see the villages around Tuscany that have intrigued me since I first saw "Under the Tuscan Sun."

 I have a dear friend named Debbie/Mona/Gina (I'll explain later!) that is sharing a home in Tuscany with MDD, two other friends and me!

Do you have friends that have been in your life since you were a kid? Well I met Debbie when I was 15 and have kept in touch with her throughout the years.  She's one of those forever friends that are always a phone call away. As teenagers, Debbie and I spent many hours laughing while watching the show "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" and, somehow, I started calling Debbie "Mona" and the name stuck. (Mona was a character in the show!) When I see her face or think of her, I automatically think "Mona," not Debbie! To my little family she is Mona.

So I'm not surprised to tell you that in Italy, Debbie/Mona becomes Gina! I think it's an appropriate name for an amazing Italian cook such as she. Homemade pasta, gnocchi, you name it - Gina can make it. I'm hungry just thinking about what foods she might make us!

So I'll be back soon - 10 days and probably the same number of additional pounds from now.

Until then,

Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment