Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gourmet French Cooking Classes and a glass of Rosé at Jardin de Bacchus - Chambres d'hôtes

I'm so excited! MH and I stayed at a lovely Bed and Breakfast, Jardin de Bacchus - Chambres d'hôtes, in Tavel, France on our buying trip this past April.  The gracious, and oh so helpful proprietors, Christine Chapot and Erik Van Greuningen,  not only offer their lovely home to visitors but Christine also offers Gourmet French cooking classes!

MH loves to cook (and I love to eat!) so we spent a lovely evening with other guests learning to prepare several delicious French dishes. Christine is a talented cook, speaks English beautifully, and shows you proper techniques and tips for preparing some classic French foods. We spent the evening preparing liver Pâté,  eggplant casserole (resembles a lasagna with sliced eggplant instead of pasta) and a molded strawberry dessert. Although I don't recall the exact names of the various dishes we prepared, I do remember that they were delicious! We cooked, talked, laughed and enjoyed some of the local Tavel Rosé wines.


Christine instructing us on proper cooking techniques as we prepared a delicious eggplant entree.




MH and Christine cooking sliced eggplant in olive oil.  I'm so glad MH payed close attention!


Christine is not only a gracious host but was my translator a couple of times coming to my rescue and working through a couple of "snags" with getting my purchases home. We have stayed in touch over the past few months since our trip. 

Now to the exciting news -  I'm tickled to tell you that Christine has graciously offered to share with My Faux French Chateau's readers some of her favorite French recipes and meal preparation tips! You can learn some of Christine's recipes and, maybe some day in the near future, have the pleasure of meeting her in person and cooking in her beautiful kitchen!

Once a month, Christine will send me a delicious French recipe to share with you! I'll post the recipe one day and then shop for the ingredients and prepare the dish the next day. 

Christine and I decided that, with the weather turning chilly both in Tavel and in a large part of the U.S., our first choice will be Christine's recipe for classic French Onion Soup! I love this French classic but have never attempted to make it. Wish me luck.

By the way, should you be planning a trip to the south of France, check out Jardin de Bacchus in Tavel! 


 
Jardin de Bacchus - Chambres d'hôtes
Christine Chapot et Erik Van Greuningen
223 rue de tourtouil
30126 TAVEL

Tel + 33 -(0)4 66 90 28 62
jardindebacchus@free.fr

http://www.jardindebacchus.fr


Au revoir, Mitty


No comments:

Post a Comment