Monday, April 23, 2012

Antique Hungarian Wall Fountain Just Added to My Faux French Chateau Store!



It was a beautiful weekend this past Saturday and Sunday here in Fort Worth, Texas! The weather was perfect and I spent as much time as possible outdoors. It was the perfect weekend to pull out an antique piece that I found in an antique store in Georgetown, Maryland.
I just added this piece to My Faux French Chateau Store. It is a charming antique Hungarian Wall Fountain made in Budapest. This early 1920's fountain was originally used as either a wall fountain or basin and was probably hung on the side of a building in an old town square.
These old fountains were cast from a solid iron material, some were painted in various colors, some in white. I love the old chippy patina of this fountain and have hung it on a brick fence so that you can see how lovely it is planted with flowers and greenery.
This fountain has casted on its front the words “Fried Zsigmond” and “Budapest" and would be a wonderful and unusual addition to your own Jardin!






















 Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment