Monday, April 2, 2012

Fleurs de Printemps (Spring Flowers) in Texas!

 Driving to Round Top, Texas yesterday for "Texas Antique Week," we enjoyed the special treat of field after field of Bluebonnets in full bloom!




MH pulled the car to the side of the road so that I could take pictures. They were so beautiful.




This morning I took pictures of the Encore Azaleas in bloom in the front yard of My Faux French Chateau. They're at their peak bloom and are beautiful this year. I love these azaleas and can't believe they bloom both in the Spring and again in the Fall (hmmmm, hence the name "Encore" I guess.) 

 


In the back yard, pink Double Knockout Roses are also in full bloom! It seems so odd that both azaleas and roses bloom at the same time here in Texas. I always think of azaleas as "Spring flowers" and roses as "Summer flowers." I'm still getting used to gardening in Texas but I think I'm going to love springtime here!







This morning I'm also working on a couple of posts about Texas Antique Week. This was my first time to experience this amazing antique show and I can't wait to share my pictures and "trésors" with you! There was so much to see and way too little time.

Until tomorrow......

Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment