Monday, August 20, 2012

Bringing the Outdoors Inside for an Unexpected Addition to a Room!


This Saturday, MH and I had a great day at an antique auction. I didn't end up winning any of the beautiful shabby shutters that I wanted (bidding got way out of my price range) but I did win a few wonderful items!
I just posted the first of my "wins" to My Faux French Chateau Store!


Vintage Concrete Garden Statue of Young Girl with Bird

This is a charming concrete garden statue of a young girl gently holding a bird. Great detail on the draping of the ruffled dress on the maiden. Purchased at auction, this beautiful statue has signs of wear typical of outdoor use and age.

Garden statue measures approximately 29” High X 12” Wide



In trying to decide where to place this beautiful statue, I was torn between placing it outside as is typical, or using it somewhere inside my home. I've seen many lovely rooms that "bring the outdoors in" with the use of outdoor garden statuary, urns, etc. in interior design.

Take a look at the creative ways the designers below used garden statuary to add texture and an unexpected element to a room!
 
 
 
 
Of of my favorite designers, Shannon Bowers, used this wonderful 19th century French garden statue in the dining area of her home.





 
 




 (2 Photos above courtesy of Veranda Magazine)
 
 
 
 
Designer Brook Giannetti, author of "Patina Style,"  used two concrete flower baskets in her home office.

 
 
 
 
The use of two garden statuary lamps on the table below adds to the beautiful symmetry of this entry hall.
 
 
For now, I've put my beautiful lady in my garden. As soon as I find the perfect spot for her, I'll bring her inside!
 
Take care,
 
 
Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment