Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Petite Container of French Brocante .........On a ship somewhere?

For those of you who have followed My Faux French Chateau for a while, you know that I have been somewhat patiently waiting for my petite container of French Brocante to arrive in Houston. In late April, MH and I traveled to France to hunt the weekly Brocante Markets looking for "tresors"  (treasures) to resell in the MFFC store. Well..................I'm getting closer! 

 As you can see from this freight invoice, there really is a shipment! As you can also see there's just no commitment on a "Scheduled Departure Date" or an "Estimated Date of Arrival."  I know,  details, details! 



Seriously though, I was fully prepared that it would be September or October before my shipment would arrive.  There are three sizes of sea freight containers, 20, 40 and 45 foot.  If you don't purchase enough items to fill (or justify) either of these containers, your shipment is held until there's one or more other partial shipments , headed to your area, to which your shipment can be added. It now appears though that my container has not left port in France yet.  I'm waiting for details from Camard, the packing and shipping company, and will keep you updated on an arrival date.  I'm just so excited for it to get here!

Hmmmmmmmmm maybe I'll receive my container in time for Christmas! There are some wonderful items in the shipment that would make great Christmas gifts for the Francophile in your family!

Have a blessed day.

Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment