Thursday, March 29, 2012

Decorating for Easter!

Ever since MDD was born, I've derived great joy from the simple act of decorating our house in celebration of holidays. I like to have at least a little tribute to each holiday here and there throughout the house. Even though MDD has her own home now, I still enjoy carrying on this tradition!  

This week I began decorating in celebration of the Easter season. In honor of this special season, I placed green moss and a few natural looking Robin's egg blue eggs (from Pottery Barn) in the bottom of a French wire ware basket.








In my Dining Room, I placed more of these beautiful blue eggs in an antique silver egg server and surrounded them with natural colored raffia to resemble a bird's nest.





Every Easter I place a couple of vintage postcards in a double-sided "menu holder." I collect vintage holiday postcards and you can tell what the upcoming holiday is by whatever postcard is in this holder!






To add some softness to this little grouping above, I added a whimsical plant and placed a few glitter eggs on the top to resemble eggs "hidden" in the grass and ready for an Easter Egg Hunt.








I also placed one of these plants and glittered eggs inside a beautiful, whimsical planter with a chicken wire dome!










Lastly, to enjoy a bit of the holiday outside, I placed a mercury glass style Easter egg in a planter on my patio!




Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment