Friday, November 9, 2012

My Faux French Chateau...Living a French Life in ?????

When I contemplate the entirety of my life I think of a life of change and adventure.  My husband's career of 35 years with the same company has entailed moving 12 times thus far. We've lived in various locations in the U.S. plus 4 1/2 years abroad as expatriates in Balikpapan, Indonesia (Island of Borneo), Brunei Darussalam and Duri Sumatra Indonesia.
 
And so I want to share with you our latest adventure!
 
The My Faux French Chateau blog posts will soon be coming to you from...........................................
 
Al Khobar Saudi Arabia.
 
Yes, that's right, I'm going to now attempt to recreate a French home in a villa in Saudi!
 
But that's not all!
 
Living in Saudi will put me a few hours closer to France and allow me more opportunities to spend time in France and more time to hunt the French Brocante Markets! MH and I are also going to spend time looking for a little place to call our own in Southern France. (And I mean little, maybe 800 - 1,000 square feet!)
 
So while my heart is in all things French, I'll be posting a little about Saudi as well over the next few months. MH is heading over in January and I'll follow 6 weeks or so later. We are keeping My Faux French Chateau here in Fort Worth and I'll spend several months out of each year here in TX.


 
 
I hope you'll keep visiting my blog from time to time and join MH and I on our new adventure! 
 
Au revoir, Mitty
 

 

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this? How exciting to be moving to Saudi Arabia! I cannot wait to see your posts!

    Andie

    ReplyDelete