Thursday, May 19, 2011

French "Ironie"

Irony - "Ironie" in French. Wikipedia defines situational irony as "the disparity of intention and result: when the result of an action is contrary to the desired or expected effect. Being "shot with one's own gun", or "hoisted with one's own petard" are popular formulations of the basic idea of situational irony."

So isn't it ironic that my wonderful trip to Provence (and yes it was wonderful), resulted in me purchasing fewer French Antiques in France than I did last weekend right outside of Dallas, Texas! I kid you not!

I have a weekly habit of searching for Auctions and Estate Sales, always looking for merchandise for the opening of my store.  I found an amazing sounding auction in Richardson, Texas with a house full of French Antiques.  Last Friday I went to preview the sale and could not believe my eyes.  I was giddy with anticipation for the auction on Saturday and Sunday.  I ended up purchasing several pieces and even had the added joy of MDD getting into the auction action with me!  I think she ended up having as much fun as I did.  Does the apple fall far from the tree?



Arriving at the Auction location.



MDD and I registered and got our Auction Brochure and Bidder Numbers



Finding the best seat under the auction tent.  We arrived early of course!



MDD and I loading up one of her "finds."  She found this beautiful french fauteuil.


I'm so excited about my purchases at the auction and can't wait to get them painted, reupholstered, and ready for resale. I think I have some pieces that will be beautiful in any room.  I'll share some of these with you as I work on them.

Have a great Thursday and try to make a little time for your passion, whatever it may be.

Au revoir, Mitty


No comments:

Post a Comment