Monday, March 19, 2012

Auction Find - A Wonderful Old French Bistro Table!

Well the auction I attended (the weekend after my last MFFC post) was really a good one - lots of "French" things. Unfortunately, many of the buyers were purchasing for the upcoming Round Top Antiques Fair in April. This renowned antique show draws antique lovers from all over the country and the vendors can command some pretty steep prices for their goods. So, needless to say, they were bidding at the auction like the sky was the limit on some of my favorite items. (I usually set a limit to what I will pay for an item and I go no higher.)

I did win a few wonderful things though and MDD was able to purchase a few really nice items as well!

Take a look below at my favorite purchase...............a wonderful, old, metal French bistro table!

This little table is 24 1/2 inches in diameter and the perfect size to use as a chair side table or, of course, a table for two!


For these photos, I placed the bistro table beside my reading chair in my bedroom. It is the perfect size for a small lamp, a book and a cup of tea or a glass of wine!



It looks like this table was never painted, or if it was, all of the paint has "chipped" off. The effect is a wonderful rusty brown, aged look. Don't worry though, I'm not charging extra for the rusty patina!  


I love the graceful scrolled legs on this little table.

This little table will be in MFFC Store tomorrow and will be here waiting for a new home. I'll take care of it until then.

Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment