Tuesday, May 8, 2012

French Painting by V. De Buck

Recently at an auction, I purchased a beautiful painting signed "V. De Buck." 




This oil on canvas painting is of two small boats on a stormy sea. The colors are somber and whitecapped waves are rocking the boats. The painting is in a wonderful old painted and gilded French frame. 





I've been researching this painting and painter and have found mention of three other paintings by the same artist.


This painting, "Berger et son troupeau," was sold at auction at Artnet.com.

(Photo courtesy of Artnet.com.)


Artist V. de Buck
Title Berger et son troupeau
Medium Oil on Canvas
Size 49.2 x 45.3 in. / 125 x 115 cm.
Misc. Signed
Sale Of Galerie Moderne: Tuesday, April 11, 1995
[Lot 297]
Antiquites - Tableaux - Objets d'Art...
Estimate 80,000 - 100,000 BF (USD 2,765 - 3,456)
Sold For *



I know I have viewers from France and other countries all around the world. SO, if anyone out there can help me learn more about my painting and its painter, I'd love to hear from you.

This painting will be added to My Faux French Chateau store in the next few weeks.

Take care and any insight into this painting would be greatly welcomed!


Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment