Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beautiful Continental Giltwood Vanity Bench - Early 20th Century

I'm sitting here working away, adding items to "my store."  I'm so excited to get the My Faux French Chateau store up and running!

I just added a beautiful piece of furniture that I thought I'd share with you.  I purchased it at the auction outside of  Dallas, Texas a few months ago.  Soon it will be looking for a new home!


I love this little bench. It's quite ornate with a curved back and kidney shaped seat.  The curved back and two arms end in a lion head motif. The open back is embellished with a carved double swan design and the center top of the curved back is decorated with 2 roses and leaves. This would make wonderful chair for your dressing table, dressing closet or bath.

Au revoir, Mitty

1 comment:

  1. Hi - that looks lovely. I am a decorative artist and designer in NY. Would love to see if we could follow each other and give some suggestions for ideas etc!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete