Friday, August 5, 2011

Favorite French Things Friday - French Hydrangeas!

When I daydream of summer, I always think of French hydrangeas - beautiful, large, mophead, Niko Blue Hydrangeas. For me they are as much a part of summer as the pool, sun, grilling and sweet iced tea.
If I could only have one flower, it would always be a hydrangea.

A couple of years ago when we lived in Charleston, WV,  MH planted about eleven Niko Blue Hydrangeas for me in our back yard.  Most of them were in a terraced flower bed and were planted as a "cutting garden."  There was such a sense of sweet joy in simply going out into the garden in the morning and cutting hydrangeas to put in vases around the house.

I remember this as one of my favorite simple pleasures on those early summer mornings when living there.  Here in Texas, I have again planted hydrangeas, maybe foolishly, and am fighting a battle to keep them alive.  I'm hoping to win this small battle with the heat. Wish me luck.











Part of my garden in Charleston, WV

Have a relaxing weekend. I'm off tomorrow treasure hunting! I'll let you know what I find.

Au revoir, Mitty




No comments:

Post a Comment