Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pair of Huge, Beautiful Column Floor Lamps!

I purchased a great pair of huge column floor lamps at the auction a couple of weeks ago! They are wonderful and are made from columns taken from an old house.  The paint is original with a beautiful grey and white tint that has oxidized and is chipping all over to give a wonderful effect. They are solid wood and definitely make a statement!  The shades are a lovely oatmeal/taupe linen and work beautifully in my great room.  It will be hard to sell them!
 
 
In researching this new business that I'm in, I'm constantly searching Internet stores for items comparable to those that I'm purchasing.  One thing I can tell you is that pricing is vastly different across the U.S.!  For example, pricing in stores in Texas and California are certainly vastly different!  I'm hoping to offer beautiful vintage and antique pieces at realistic prices which, even with added shipping costs, are considered a "great deal"!
 
 
Take a look at the antique column lamps that I'm cataloguing for my store..................... I found very similar columns for literally thousands more than what I've priced mine at!
My ceilings in the great room are 20' tall and these floor lamps are the perfect scale for this large room!


 I'm realizing that the "good news/bad news" inherent in my philosophy of buying only what I love and would want to have in my own home, is that hopefully, I'll be very sad one day soon when I have to say goodbye to all of these beautiful things!

Have a beautiful day today,

Au revoir, Mitty


No comments:

Post a Comment