Monday, August 8, 2011

French Treasures in Sulphur Springs, Texas!

On Saturday, MH and I spent the day at a wonderful auction in Sulphur Springs, Texas.  I was as happy as I could be.  We all love different things and I love auctions!

This was a beautifully choreographed event.  The auction house, Bright Star Antiques Company, is the "real deal" and ran a great auction.  It's obvious they've been doing this for quite a while and have the timeline and logistics of moving hundreds of items in 8 hours down to a science. The building was air conditioned (important in Texas in August) and they had a concession stand that took care of your need for lunch and snacks!  Essentially they had everything you need to make sure that you're not away when the items you want to bid on go up for auction.  The only negative at all is that they had run out of Auction Catalogues by the time I registered due to, as they said, an unexpectedly large turnout!

Now to the important details, they had some great French pieces at this auction.  They had everything from a large armoire, several chests, French farm tables, cafe tables, and lots of garden items. There were many things that I would have liked to have bid on but there were people there who REALLY WANTED some of the items and bid the prices up.  I always have to think about resale and have to separate my emotions from business when I bid. 

I did purchase some wonderful things though and am spending part of the day getting them catalogued and priced.  I'll share them with you this week as I get them researched, priced and catalogued.


I ended the day feeling happy about what I had purchased.  I left with (2) large floor lamps made out of old painted columns, (3) beautiful and unique painted demijohns, and (11) wonderful old leather bound books!

Take care and have a good Monday!

Au revoir, Mitty





No comments:

Post a Comment