Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reupholstering and Painting a French Fauteuil - Part Deux (2)

Great News!  My paint arrived today from House of Anne at  http://houseofanne-anne.blogspot.com/.  I ordered a new type of chalk paint that I read about on the wonderful blog entitled Miss Mustard Seed at http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/. If you haven't checked out this blog, and like to learn new paint, upholstery and slipcover techniques, you have to log on to missmustardseed.blogspot.com.  This has to be one of the most imformative blogs I've seen for those of us who like to tackle these furniture redo projects on our own. 

From House of Anne, I ordered three quarts of paint, two waxes and one wax brush.  I'd never used chalk paint before but I absolutely love it.  If you like the look of antiqued or "french painted" furniture, you will love this paint.


For this project I ordered Louis Blue and Old White paint, clear wax and a brown wax.  The paint goes a long way.  I barely made a dent in either can!

No comments:

Post a Comment