Monday, April 25, 2011

Vintage Grain Sacks - Shopping List for Provence Trip - Tresor #6

(Veranda Magazine)

I love the look of old and new, formal and informal all harmoniously
living together in a room.  I adore this room  - I'm drawn to the subtle use of the tone on tone of the whites and off-whites, creams and taupes repeated in the fabrics and the rug. My eye is immediately drawn to the sofa with the beautiful dressmaker's skirt and THE VINTAGE GRAIN SACK PILLOWS! 


(Romantic Homes, May 2011)

Here's another sitting area with visual interest added by the use of a grain sack pillow.  While I like this look also, and think the room is pleasing, I like the unexpectedness of the very "common" grain sack with the more formal pieces as in the first room. 

I'm going to bring back from Provence as many vintage grain sacks as I can find.  I love them made into pillows or used to upholster an ottoman or even a chair.

Who would have thought?  Grain sacks!  I love it!

Au revoir, Mitty



No comments:

Post a Comment