Thursday, June 2, 2011

Antique French Linen Serviettes and Nappe with Red Monogram

This time of the year I start thinking of outdoor grilling and dining, and being the person I am, how to decorate for entertaining outdoors.

While in Provence, I purchased several beautiful sets of red monogrammed serviettes (napkins.)  I've been washing and ironing them and getting them ready for some lucky person to buy for their own faux French Chateau!  I love these and can see them used both formally in the home or outdoors for a party or a spectacular picnic! 

I especially love these napkins when they are displayed with a matching tablecloth ("nappe.")  Finding a full set of 4 napkins and the matching tablecloth in good condition is difficult.  They get separated over time and, invariably, one or two of the napkins becomes damaged or stained.  I'm excited about the ones that I was able to find at the Brocante Markets and am so happy that I found as many as I did!


Picnic anyone?





Double Monogram "AB"

Double Cross Stitched Monogram "AC"

Double Cross Stitched Monogram "CJ"



I hope you enjoyed these.  I'm thinking they'd be perfect for the 4th of July on a table with a vase of blue Irises!

Take care, Au revoir, Mitty



  

1 comment:

  1. Mitty,

    When can we start buying all the beautiful things you brought back. Love your blog!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete