Thursday, June 30, 2011

Favorite French Things Friday - Ornamental Wrought Iron Window Boxes and Balconies

Some of my favorite features of many French buildings are the ornamental wrought iron window boxes and balconies. 

When you look at these you know where the phrase "Window Dressing" comes from!

I took all of the following pictures in Provence this past spring. 


The facade of this building has all of my favorite things!  Limestone, wrought iron balconies, french bleu painted windows..................sigh.






I love the stone facade of this building, especially the way the door and windows are framed out with larger stone.  I also think the arched windows and door are a wonderful complement to the large rectangular building.  Needless to say, the wrought iron window grills and boxes with the hanging ivy geraniums are spectacular.







I hope you have a relaxing weekend with the people that make you laugh and smile.

Take care, Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment