Monday, June 27, 2011

Silver Plate Trophy Cup Challenge!

Do you like to solve puzzles, ponder mysteries or research topics?  If you do, I have a challenge for you!

I purchased this beautifully detailed, large silver plate Boxing Trophy at auction recently.

It reads:

115 Pounds Class

First

W. White

Ontario

Boxing Championship


I did some research on the Internet and found a W. White



W White
Global ID 361613
sex male
country Australia
residence


won 1 (KO 1) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 1
rounds boxed 9 KO% 100

 I'm trying to find the year that W. White won the Featherweight boxing championship in Ontario, Canada.


 

Beautifully embellished, large Boxing Trophy Cup. 


Detail of the engraving on the Trophy







If you "accept the challenge" and find out anything about this trophy, I'd love to hear from you!  If I figure out the year it was won, I'll let you know. 

I'd love to find W. White's family and see if they would like to have this trophy back in their family.  I feel that it belongs with them.


Au revoir, Mitty


No comments:

Post a Comment