Friday, June 10, 2011

Favorite French Things Friday - Fleurs (Flowers)

I love to take the time to enjoy beauty wherever I go.  Provence was filled with beauty....the fields were abloom with bright red poppies, the wisteria was just beginning to bloom and lazily hung from fanciful arbors, bright pink, yellow and white roses seemed to greet me around every corner, and window boxes overflowed with geraniums. I was in awe of the beautiful fleurs (flowers) and wanted to bring them all home.


















We were in Provence on May 1st which is May Day as well as another French holiday called "La Fête du Muguet". The tradition on this day is to give friends and the ones you love a bouquet of Lily-of-the-Valley for good luck and in celebration of the first day of spring. MH and I were taking our French Cooking class on this day so I took Christine, the cooking instructor, a Lily-of-the-valley that I purchased from a local florist.  I couldn't help but take pictures of the beautiful fleurs in the shop.  I hope you enjoy them!


Lily-of-the-Valley






















Have a peaceful weekend. I hope you have the time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.

Au revoir, Mitty



No comments:

Post a Comment