Thursday, July 28, 2011

French Decor in McKinney, Texas

Since moving to Texas, I've often heard that the town of McKinney, Texas has great home decor shopping.  So, yesterday I decided to treasure hunt in McKinney. 

It was worth the 1 1/2 hour drive!  There were some great antique shops and some really wonderful and unique stores that carried accessories and furnishings that would look great in a "Faux French Chateau." 

One of the stores that I really loved was Patina Green. It is both a home decorating and antique store filled with wonderful "reused and repurposed" items and  a Cafe!  The ambiance is wonderful and I spent a long time roaming the store looking at all of the wonderful things that I'd love to have!

From their website, I found out the they are a family business with three participants - Kaci, the interior designer, Luann, (Kaci's Mom) the retailer and Robert, the classically trained Chef (Kaci's Husband).  I love this store even more now that I know this.  I love it when you have a dream and a passion, and you find a way to make a living out of it. I especially love that the store is a family affair.

I also appreciate that in the "cafe" they believe in using seasonal ingredients raised and grown by local farmers and bakers! I didn't eat, (you know I have MDD's wedding in less than two months!) but I will when I go there again.  I'm thinking this Fall we'll take a Saturday and spend it shopping in McKinney and we'll eat lunch at Patina Green. Their menu appears to be gourmet sandwiches, salads and pastries.


Patina Green store sign. The sign looks like it was made out of the top of an old outdoor metal cafe table. The sign "hanger" is an old looking chain.




What I REALLY want to share with you is the amazing birdcage that I found at Patina Green. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of it.  Now wouldn't this make a statement in a room!  I checked it out and for only $6,000+ - yes, I didn't make a mistake and put too many zeros in - for a little over $6,000, you can take it home with you.

I do want to say though that their items did seem reasonably priced. I'm sure the wonderful birdcage above has a certified "pedigree" that makes it command this price.



If anywhere in the vicinity, and you have a lot of time to browse and dream, I'd visit Patina Green!

Take care,

Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment