Monday, July 25, 2011

French Grey Chairs and Antique Column Table

In Friday's post I told you about the great vintage and antique architectural details that I discovered at The Old Home Supply Store in my "home town" in Fort Worth, Texas.   I was looking for old columns that I could make into lamps or tables.   I found the columns below that are beautiful but way too large for my purposes.



Matching pair of columns.  These are very ornate and in excellent condition.




There are two of these wonderful columns. I love the gilding on the acanthus leaf columns. These are huge and extremely heavy.  I believe they are stone.  Also, they are resting on the floor upside down! The Dentil detail is actually on the bottom of the column.


 
When I got home on Friday, I looked for a magazine in which I had flagged a table that I loved and was an "inspiration" picture for me. Take a look at the lovely breakfast room below.  This is in the northwest Connecticut summer home of New York City interior designer Patricia Sarnataro and her large extended family.

It appeared on the cover of the June 2011 issue of Traditional Home Magazine. Needless to say I always love little French chairs and the grey paint and ticking fabric are perfect on these. What really makes this breakfast room work for me though is the round glass-top breakfast table that is supported by the three wonderfully aged antique columns. I think columns like these would also made great lamps!



 
LOVE the three antique columns that are used to create the base on this breakfast room table. (Sorry my scanned image is poor quality.)

Here's the cover of the June 2011 issue of Traditional Home so that you can see it better!


Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if I can copy this? I think I need to find a carpenter in Fort Worth.

Have a great evening!

Au revoir, Mitty

No comments:

Post a Comment